This page provides information on curriculum and other general coordinator information. Coordinators, keep in mind that ALL materials, including those from iSafe, must be previewed every year prior to using with your students. While a provider may indicate that a lesson is appropriate for a particular grade level, you must decide if it abides by school policies and works for your student body. It is especially necessary to preview video content.
Submitting School Internet Safety Plans
There are two parts that make up a school's instructional plan. Blank copies of the Curriculum Plan are located further down this page.
- Part 1: Digital Citizenship Plan Overview
- Part 2: School Curriculum Plan
Submit Instructional Plan Here
- Part 1 -- Digital Citizenship Plan Overview (Google Form for you to fill out)
- Part 2 -- School Curriculum Plan (upload PDF copy to SharePoint folder)
- Note: You will need to log in with your district credentials to Google and Office 365.
Blank Curriculum Form
- Curriculum Plan Template: (PDF), (Word version for editing), (Google Doc for copying and editing)
- Keep in mind that to access the full features of these blank templates, you may need to log into Office 365 or Google Drive.
District Internet Safety Curriculum
Click here to access the recommended curriculum from FCPS.
Required by Federal Law & District Policy
Available iSafe Units
Trainer Certification for iSafe
- Visit iLearn to receive training on iSafe materials and obtain your certification. You can upload a PDF of your certificate through the iSchool Internet Safety course or send a copy of your certificate to Paula Setser-Kissick. (If you have any issues viewing the videos, download and use the Firefox or Google browser instead.)
- Contact the District Internet Safety Coordinator if you do not have iSafe login credentials.
- Note: If you use iSafe materials, you must take the iSafe training and submit it to the district coordinator. This training only has to be completed once.
Accessing iSafe Curriculum Materials
- E-mail address is submitted by district coordinator.
- Go to http://www.isafe.org.
- Click “Forgot Password/Reset Password”.
- Complete information.
- Password should be sent to you to log in.
- Complete online training in iLearn.
- Lessons accessible for grade levels you teach under “My Info”.
- Certificate of iSafe Training also located in “My Info”.
About this page
- Author: Paula Setser-Kissick
- Updated: Tuesday, October 18, 2016